This morning I asked God how I could live my life this day as a walking prayer. Just as I asked this I looked out of the window at the Sun and the words came to, “confess to the Light”. So that is what I am trying to do here. But rather than use my own words to make my point I am just listing some passages from the Bible that have influenced my thinking regarding what I said in the video. I will come out and say that I think of the Bible as being like a Spiritual mirror. As I see it, if we are not seeking to align with the Spiritual importance of Scripture, we are missing ninety percent of its value. If we are looking simply for how to have an awesome “material life” I suggest skipping the Bible, because it makes no earthly sense in a lot of ways. I think we find in it what is in our hearts and minds. But unfortunately, many of us seem to have outsourced our hearts and minds to people with agendas like the media or popular people or are so highly influenced by our own agendas to be liked or get approval that we don’t even want to see ourselves as we really are. However, as it says in 1 John 3:1-3:
- 1Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
Even if you are annoyed with what you’ve heard about Jesus or how people who call themselves Christians act, that is still good news. If we get to know him as he is then we will find out that we are like him. So when I read this I committed to know Christ for myself with the hope that I’d become a real friend to him and know myself in the mirror and light of his Being.
- Matthew 6:22-24 22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.
- 1 John 1 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
- Psalm 40:6 Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.
- Psalm 51:16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
- Hosea 6:6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
- Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”
- Matthew 12:7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless.
- Hebrews 10:5 Therefore, when He came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me.
- Hebrews 10:8 Previously saying, “Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them”
- James1:12-18 12 Blessed is the one who endures temptation; for when that one has been approved, they will receive the crown of life which is promised to those who love God. 13 Let no one say when they are tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does God tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when they are drawn away by their own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of God’s own will God brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of God’s creatures.
- Psalm 139 1O Lord, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. 5 You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? 8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 10 Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,” Even the night shall be light about me; 12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You.13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You. When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth, 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.